The Ministry of Information and Communications of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (MIC) issued a new Circular 11/2021/TT-BTTTT on October 28, 2021. According to this document, MIC revises National technical regulation QCVN 65:2013/BTTTT and issues National technical regulation QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT on radio access equipment operating on the 5 GHz band.
The national technical regulation applies to 5 GHz band radio access equipment (RLAN) with an equivalent isotropic radiated power of 60 mW or more, such as:
- Radio transceivers using spread spectrum modulation techniques on the 2.4 GHz band
- GSM mobile communication terminals
- W-CDMA FDD mobile communication terminals
- E-UTRA FDD mobile terminal s(4G/LTE)
- Fifth generation mobile communication terminals (5G)
- Other short-range radio transceivers
- Television cameras, digital cameras and video recorders mounted on aircraft use remote control technology, transmit images using spread spectrum modulation radio waves on the 5 GHz band and have equivalent isotropic radiation power of 60 mW or more
- UAV/Drone (remotely controlled flying vehicle, which can integrate television camera, digital camera and video recording camera) using remote control technology, transmitting images by radio waves spread spectrum on the 5 GHz band and with an equivalent isotropic radiated power of 60 mW or more.
Operating frequency range of radio access equipment operating on the 5 GHz band should be the following:
This Regulation sets forth bandwidth access requirements for sharing bandwidth resources with other devices and specifies limits applicable to the entire system in any configuration, taking into account the antenna gain of the integrated or dedicated antenna as well as the additional gain (beam format) in case of smart antenna systems.
The Circular will enter in force from May 1, 2022. The Regulation itself becomes mandatory from July 1, 2023. It means that from July 2023 both imported and domestically produced 5G radio access equipment must meet the requirements specified in QCVN 65:2021/BTTTT to get access to the market of Vietnam.
The full text of the Circular with the Regulation you can find here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom, and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.