On February 27, 2019, The National Radio Research Agency of South Korea released Notice № 2019-4 introducing amendments to technical standards for terminal equipment. The document came into force immediately.
The key points of the Notica are:
1. Digital terminal devices that have direct access to commercial broadcasting and communication facility and have one or more of the following digital interfaces:
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Clause 14 (10BASE-T)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Clause 25 (100BASE-TX)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Clause 40 (1000BASE-T)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Amd.7 (2.5GBASE-T, 5GBASE-T)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Clause 55 (10GBASE-T)
must conform with the applicable electrical conditions determined in this Notice depending on the type of interface.
2. The transmission power of a terminal equipment corresponding to one of the following items:
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Amd.7(2.5GBASE-T)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3, Amd.7(5GBASE-T)
- ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3 Clause 55(10GBASE-T)
must be less than 3 dBm and the power spectral density shall be less than 3 dBm in each standard. It shall not exceed the upper limit value of the specified mask.
3. Transmitting and receiving characteristics of terminal equipment connected to the ethernet passive optical line and terminal equipment connected to 10 gigabit ethernet optical line equipment complying with ISO/IEC/IEEE 8802-3 Clause 52 were updated.
The official document is available here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom, and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.