At the end of 2019, GMA Consult Group announced that Brazil had been planning changes in Regulation on conformity assessment and homologation of telecommunications equipment. ANATEL approved Resolution # 715 “On Conformity assessment and homologation of telecommunications equipment” on October 23, 2019 and provided 180 days for its implementation. For now, the new Regulation is already in force. However, some of its provisions require clarifications and supplements. In this regard, the ANATEL published 8 Operational Procedures on July 31, 2020:
- Act 4077 - Operational Procedure For Technical Change In Telecommunications Product Approved by Certification or Declaration of Conformity This procedure helps to follow the Regulation rules when already approved telecommunication equipment suffer changes related to technical performances, design, version of software or firmware or manufacturing process.
- Act 4081 - Operational Procedure for the Designation of Product Certification Bodies For Telecommunications This procedure specifies the minimum conditions for the Product Certification Bodies according to section I of the Regulation 715
- Act 4082 - Operational Procedure establishing the means of enforcement of the rights and fulfilling obligations by agents involved in the conformity assessment of telecommunications This procedure complements articles 19, 21, and 57 of the Resolution with regard to responsibilities and the relationship between Certification Bodies, Testing Laboratories, and Applicants within the conformity assessment and homologation procedure.
- Act 4083 - Operational Procedure for Conformity Assessment of Products for Telecommunications by means of Certification procedure The procedure contains information on documents and rules for assessment the compliance of the telecommunications product within certification procedure
- Act 4084 - Operational Procedure for Homologation of the Conformity Certificate for Telecommunications equipment This procedure establishes conditions and minimum requirements necessary to obtain the Certificate of Conformity for telecommunications products.
- Act 4085 - Operational Procedure for Professional Recognition as an Expert In Conformity Assessment of Telecommunications products This Procedure establishes the minimum requirements that allows to recognize the professional as qualified persons with regard to conformity assessment of the telecommunications equipment.
- Act 4088 - Operational Procedure for Telecommunications Products Marking with Anatel Approval Identification mark This Procedure establishes the guidelines for marking approved telecommunications products with ANATEL identification label.
- Act 4091 - Operational Procedure for selection, evaluation and competence level verification of Testing Laboratory within conformity assessment procedure of the telecommunications products This Procedure establishes the conditions and minimum requirements within selection, evaluation, and competence level confirmation of a laboratory for testing of telecommunications products.
Please note that all these Acts become effective in 180 days after their publication.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team. GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.