Chile Revises Resolution on Short-Range Devices
Chilean SUBTEL (Subsecretaría de Telecomunicaciones de Chile) issued Resolution 855 dated by May 7, 2019 that revised the Resolution No.1985/2017 on Short-Range Devices.
The document includes the following main amendments:
1. Some of frequency bands for the portable transceivers were excluded. Now the requirements of the Resolution apply to the portable transceivers that operate in the following range:
- 26,960 to 27,410 kHz
- 40.66 to 40.70 MHz
- 433.05 to 434.79 MHz
- 462,540 to 462,740 MHz
- 467,550 to 467,725 MHz
- or at frequencies 49,830, 49,845, 49,860, 49,875, and 49,890 MHz
2. Homologation requirements for wireless handsets are not necessary anymore
3. The following operational frequency bands with corresponding EIRP characteristics for RFID were added:
- 915 - 928 MHz with EIRP 500 mW
- 913 - 919 MHz with EIRP 1W
- 925 - 928 MHz with EIRP 1W
4. Revised output power limit for WLAN frequency band 5150 – 5250 MHz from EIRP 200 mW is allowed up to EIRP 250mW
5. Information about Internet of Things (IoT) was added together with allowed operational bands and EIRP characteristics:
- 433.05 - 434.79 with EIRP up to 10 mW
- 868,175 - 868,375 with EIRP up to 25 mW
- 915 - 928 with EIRP up to 500 mW
- 2,400 - 2,483.5 with EIRP up to 1 W
- 5,250 - 5,350 with EIRP up to 1 W
- 5.470 - 5.725 with EIRP up to 1 W
- 5.725 - 5.850 with EIRP up to 1 W
6. Requirements to laboratories that carry out tests and prepare reports (test reports) were added. Now at least two international accreditations are necessary to ensure quality and objectivity of the measurements. The accreditation logo must be printed minimum on one page of every test report for getting approval in Chile.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.