Argentina Updates Labeling Requirements
Ente Nacional de Comunicaciones (henceforth referred to as ENACOM) of Argentina approved Resolution No. RESOL-2020-854-APN-ENACOM#JGM on August 6, 2020. According to this Resolution, new labeling requirements to telecommunication equipment within ENACOM approval become effective.
There is a two-year transition period for implementation of new labeling requirements. The period starts from the date of the Resolution publication. From now, the RAMATEL logo must be used instead of CNC one. For the already approved devices that now bear CNC logo, these requirements must be implemented by August 2022.
Let’s look into the key points of the Resolution:
1. Identification label with the following information must be affixed on the approved telecommunication equipment:
- Standardized RAMATEL isotype and
- Registration number granted by ENACOM for RAMATEL
The label must be legibly, clearly visible, and indelible on the equipment. It is necessary to choose such shape and size of the logo that will fit the device. The RAMATEL registration number must be placed below the logo. The only case, when it is possible to place it at the right, when there is a horizontal isotype for labeling the product used.
2. If the dimensions do not allow to affix the label on the product, it must be printed on the user's manual and/or at the corresponding packaging.
3. Modular units must be labeled with their own RAMATEL registration number. If such units are embedded into the device, it will be necessary to indicate that the device contains approved modular units. On the external part of the device itself, word “CONTAIN” with the RAMATEL identification data of the approved modular unit must be affixed as below:
4. For telecommunication equipment installed on vehicles, the RAMATEL logo and registration number of the approved equipment may appear in the accompanying documents to the vehicles.
5. E-labeling can be used. In this case, the label must be displayed on the device's own screen. Information on the e-label should be included in the user manual and instructions on how to get the access to the information on the e-label must be attached. The
The full text of the Resolution is available here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team. GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.