Starting from March 1, 2018, electrotechnical and radioelectronic products that are imported to the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) must meet the requirements of the EAEU Technical Regulation TR 037/2016 on the “Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrotechnical and Radio-electronic Products”. Nowadays, the EAEU consists of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, and Russia.
List of products subject to the EAEU TR 037/2016:
Electrical household appliances and devices that are used for the preparation and storage of food and mechanization of kitchen work, as well as other kitchen equipment for washing (washing, ironing, drying, cleaning) linen, clothes, shoes, cleaning and cleaning of premises, to maintain and adjust the microclimate in the premises, sanitary and hygienic, for the care of hair, nails and skin, for heating the body,vibrating massage, etc.
IT equipment, such as servers, system blocks of personal computers, laptops, tablet, pocket, handheld, other small computers, keyboards, manipulators, trekkers, other control and input devices (computer mice, joysticks, helmets, goggles), removable storage of information, monitors, printers, scanners, speakers, and headphones
Telecommunication facilities, such as fixed and mobile phones, telephones, telefaxes, telexes portable radio stations, and RFID tags
Electrical office equipment
Electrical musical instruments
Sports and leisure equipment, gambling and vending machines
Cash registers, ticket printing machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks
Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and/or DC, except for fiber optic cables
Automatic switches and residual current devices
Fire, security and fire-security detectors
It is important to note that the TR EAEU 037/2016 does not apply to:
Electrical and electronic products for use with nominal voltage up to 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC, unless otherwise specified in Annex № 1 of the Technical Regulations
Electric and electronic products, which are intended exclusively for use as components in electrical devices, as long as not specified otherwise in Annex № 1 of the Technical Regulation
Electrical and electronic products intended for use in land and space objects
Electrical equipment intended exclusively for use in air, water, land and underground transport
Batteries and accumulators
Used electrical and electronic products
Key points are:
1. EAEU TR 037/2016 is harmonized with technical requirements of the European Union, in particular with Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2), to improve the competitiveness of EAEU manufacturers and build up their export capacity. However, some provisions, first of all those related to the scope of application, are left at the level of repealed Directive 2002/95/EС (RoHS 1).
2. The above-listed products imported in the EAEU must undergo the conformity assessment procedures before March 1, 2020 to prove their compliance with EAEU Technical Regulation 037/2016.
During the transition period (from March 1, 2018 to March 1, 2020) the electrical and radioelectronic products can be put on the EAEU market without mandatory confirmation of compliance with this Technical Regulation. At the same time, the EAEU RoHS DoC can be accepted on a voluntary basis starting from March 1, 2018.
3. EAEU TR 037/2016 restricts the content of six following substances in electrotechnical and electronic products:
Special restrictions and exemptions from the restrictions above applicable to specific equipment and their applications that are set in Annex 3 of EAEU TR 037/2016.
5. The above-listed above products are in scope of EAEU TR 037/2016 must comply not only with foregoing Technical Regulation but also with other Technical Regulations of the EAEU:
TR CU 004/2011 on safety of low voltage systems
TR CU 020/2011 on electromagnetic compatibility
6. The conformity assessment with the requirements of the EAEU Technical Regulation 037/2016 is carried out in the form of an EAC Declaration of Conformity and may be replaced upon request with an EAC Certificate of Conformity.
Declaration of Conformity is subject to Registration as prescribed by the Decision № 76 of the College of the Eurasian Economic Commission of April 9, 2013.
The certification of electrical and electronic products is carried out exclusively by notified bodies, which are registered as such in the uniform register of the notified bodies and test laboratories of the EAEU.
7. The conformity of products with the requirements of the EAEU TR 037/2016 is ensured by meeting the limits of use of hazardous substances in them.
8. The products declared or certified according to TR EAEU 037/2016 must be marked with the EAC conformity marking before launch.
The name of the product (type, brand, model (if any)), its main parameters and characteristics, name and (or) trademark of the manufacturer, the name of the state in which the product is manufactured, should be printed on the product and indicated in the operating documents attached to it.
The name of the product (type, brand, model (if any)), the name and (or) the manufacturer's trademark must also be affixed to the packaging.
Operational documents are prepared on paper. They may be accompanied by a set of operational documents in electronic form. Operational documents included in the complete set of electrical and non-electrical products for household purposes can be issued in electronic form only.
Marking information and operating manuals must be made in Russian and in an official language(s) of the member(s) state(s) of the EAEU, if this is required by the laws of the member(s) state(s) of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The product shall only be marked if it meets the requirements of all mentioned Technical Regulations.
Examples of the EAC Conformity Mark:
The official document is available here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.