Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's (ISED) has published Radio Standards Specification 130, issue 2, Equipment Operating in the Frequency Bands 617-652 MHz, 663-698 MHz, 698-756 MHz and 777-787 MHz. The document was posted in February 2019 and replaced RSS-130, issue 1.
The equipment covered by this Standard is classified as Category I equipment and needs to be certified by ISED’s Certification and Engineering Bureau or by a recognized certification body.
This standard is valid now. However, the government provides a six-month transition period that starts from the date of publication of the standard. During this transition period, both RSS-130 issue 1 or issue 2 are acceptable for the certification purposes. After this period, only certificates following the requirements of RSS-130 issue 2 will be accepted in Canada.
Here are the main changes implemented in Radio Standards Specification 130
1. The frequency bands 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz and the related requirements were added to the Standard
2. Provision for a transition period was added
3. “Equivalent isotopically radiated power” (e.i.r.p.) characteristic of equipment was changed to “effective radiated power” (e.r.p.)
4. Сlarification of the equipment's unwanted emission limit was made
5. It was clarified that equipment's measurement shall be performed only with the carrier frequency set at the lowest frequency and the highest frequency in each frequency band
6. Guidances on determining the occupied bandwidth when measuring frequency stability limits for equipment able to transmit numerous channels simultaneously was added
7. Measurement section on multiple antennas was removed as the measurement method is defined in ANSI C63.26, American National Standard for Compliance Testing of Transmitters Used in Licensed Radio Service (referenced in RSS-Gen, General Requirements for Compliance of Radio Apparatus)
More detailed information you can find via here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.