Ghana Sets Mandatory Certification for Some High-Risk Goods
The Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) informs that from January 1, 2019 high-risk products must be tested and inspected under the applicable standards of their country of origin and get a certificate of conformity prior to import to Ghana.
The following types of products that can be referred to the high-risk products:
1. Toys, games, and sports equipment
2. Electrical and electronic products
3. Chemical products (except household chemical substances)
4. Mechanical materials and gas appliances
5. Pulp of wood, paper, and paperboard
6. Furniture (wood and metal base items)
7. Construction Materials
8. Fuel/ petroleum products
9. Textile, textile items, and leatherwear
10. Mining equipment and parts
11. Glass and glassware
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.