Changes in Frequency Bands and Maximum Radiated Power Limits for RFID and WLAN Technologies in Chil
Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications of Chile has adopted Resolution №1.517, 2018 that replaces Resolution №1.985 of 2017.
The new Resolution introduces the following changes:
- RFID devices can operate in the frequency bands from 915 to 928 MHz (with a maximum radiated power of 500 mW), from 913 to 919 MHz, and from 925 to 928 MHz.
- Wideband equipment (WLAN) may use the following frequency bands (with a maximum radiated power of 1 W):
5,470 and 5,725 MHz
- The equipment restricted for indoor use may also operate in the frequency bands from 5,150 to 5,250 MHz, with a maximum radiated power of 200 mW and a maximum radiated power density not exceeding 10 mW/MHz in any 1 MHz band.
- Changes to the limits of bands:
57-66 GHz with a maximum EIRP of 40 dBm and maximum spectral power density of 13 dBm / MHz.
- the maximum EIRP shall not exceed 85 dBm for transmitters used for point-to-point links of the Fixed Service operating outside
- the maximum EIRP shall not exceed 43 dBm for field disturbance sensors for fixed operation with a bandwidth equal to or less than 500 MHz, operating within segment 61 at 61.5 GHz.
- the maximum EIRP shall not exceed 13 dBm for those operating within the band 57 to 71 GHz but out of the segment 61 at 61.5 GHz.
- In case of equipment other than those indicated above, the maximum EIRP should not exceed 43 dBm.
In the band 57 to 71 GHz, the operation of equipment used in aircraft, satellites and sensors due to field disturbance, including radar systems in vehicles, is not allowed, unless the sensors are used for fixed operation or for interactive motion detection.
169,4-169.475 MHz with a maximum radiated power of 500 mW
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.
GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.