As you remember from the previous posts, new technical regulations for radio electronic devices came in force in Ukraine on April 1, 2018. These TRs are subject to the Decision № 355 “On approval of the Technical Regulations for Radio Equipment” (UA RED TR) applied by The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 24.05.2017. The Ukrainian TRs for radio devices are identical to the Directive 2014/53/EU of the European Parliament and European Council dated April 16, 2014.
According to the Article 26 of the Law of Ukraine "On the Radio Frequency Resource of Ukraine", the NCCIR regulates the use of radio equipment, including in connection with software, which can affect compliance with significant requirements.
Registration of radio equipment having a low level of compliance with essential requirements.
Manufacturers must submit an application to the National Commission for the State Regulation of Communication and Informatisation (NCCIR) providing the information on the types of radio equipment having a low level of compliance with the essential requirements. This information must contain pieces of technical documentation. The NCCIR will then provide a manufacturer with a registration number for each type of such equipment.
This number must be applied to the radio equipment put to the market from June 12, 2018.
Criteria to set up registration, types of equipment and information to be registered, operational rules for registration and labeling are subject to the NCCIR decision.
Providing information about compliance of radio equipment and its software
A Unified Register has been created by the NCCIR in the form of a database.
The Unified Register maintained in the Ukrainian language. However, a name of Radio Equipment (products, radio equipment items) and other information that is used for identification can be given in English.
The NCCIR provides each registered type of radio equipment with a registration number, which has the following structure:
"UA RF:" - a permanent prefix before the code;
"R" - defines the number of the area where a manufacturer is located;
"xxyy" - letters of the Latin alphabet specifying a certain manufacturer of Radio Equipment;
"zzzz" - letters of the Latin alphabet or numbers;
Before putting the radio equipment to the market, a registration number should be applied to a radio equipment device or to its technical data plate in such a way that it is clearly visible, readable, and indelible. If it is impossible to do with the equipment, a manufacturer must put a sign of compliance with technical regulations on the packaging and accompanying documents.
Types of radio equipment with a low level of compliance with the requirements, which need to be added to the register of the NCCIR and require a registration mark on it
1. Radio equipment of the radiodetermination service (location, speed and / or other characteristics of an object or obtaining information about such parameters using radio propagation properties), except for GNSS satellites (for example, GPS receiver equipment).
2. Multi-radio equipment (combined equipment consisting of two or more transceivers, transmitters, and receivers that can simultaneously work at 2 or more frequencies (radio frequency channels) using various types of communication standards with transmitter power >100 mW (for example, multi-standard base stations, wireless access points, VHF radio stations, radio telephones, radio terminals, etc.).
3. Radio stations of direct analog and / or digital VHF communication type PMR446 (frequency range 446-446.2 MHz).
4. Radio equipment for a digital wireless access system of the DECT standard and its modifications, including telephone sets for wire communication with a cordless handset.
5. The stations (terminals) for satellite communications including those intended for the use in a car or other facility except radio telephones of radio-mobile communication systems such as Globalstar, Iridium, Inmarsat, Thuraya that can not simultaneously operate under a mobile communication network standard GSM, CDMA, UMTS or LTE.
6. Wireless chargers with generator power > 5W that operate at frequencies other than those indicated in the note V016 of the National Table of Distribution of Radio Frequency Bands of Ukraine approved by the Decree №1208 of the Cabinet of Ministers dated by December 15, 2005, as well as wireless chargers for recharging vehicles with an electric motor.
7. Radio equipment for remote radio control (piloting) by unmanned aircraft and / or unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) as well as radio equipment for data exchange between air and ground devices except aviation equipment specified in subparagraph 3 of paragraph 2 of the Radio Regulations approved by the Resolution №355 of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated by May 24, 2017 (hereinafter - Technical Regulations of Radio Equipment).
8. Sets of models of reduced size ("on a scale"), toys in the form of animals or other creatures, toys and models with an integrated engine, containing transceivers, transmitters, and receivers (radio-controlled toys) with a transmitter power >5 mW 7 dBm.
9. Transmitters of television and radio broadcasting with a radiation power >50W.
10. Specific types of radio electronic facilities and radiating devices, the conformity assessment of which is carried out without using generalized conditions for the use of radio electronic means and radiating devices. These types are published on the official website of the NCCIR in accordance with the Clause 2.6 of the Section II of the Regulation on the procedure and form of maintaining a register of radio electronic facilities and radiating devices that can be used on the territory of Ukraine on radio band frequencies of common use.
11. Specific types of radio electronic facilities and radiating devices, which, according to the analysis and assessment of the risk (risk) producer, did not achieve the appropriate level of compliance with additional requirements for commissioning and / or use of radio equipment as defined in the Radio Frequency Resource Usage Plan of Ukraine approved by the Cabinet of Ministers Ukraine on June 9, 2006 No. 815, and / or an importer attributing a particular type of radio equipment to products that have a high degree of risk.
12. A group of radio electronic means, damage or improper functioning of which threatens the safety of people and / or the environment.
13. The group of radio-electronic means that are a technical means of telecommunications (for provision of telecommunication services) and are intended for installation on a board of an air or sea vessel (for example, satellite earth stations, cellular base stations, wireless access points).
14. Points of wireless access that are technical means of telecommunications (for provision of telecommunications services) with a working frequency range of 5470-5725 MHz and designed for outdoor installation (so-called outdoor).
Radio equipment that is put into the market before April 1th, 2018 must comply with the requirements of the Technical Regulations for Radio Equipment and Telecommunication Terminal (terminal) Equipment, Technical Regulations for electromagnetic compatibility of equipment and Technical Regulations for low-voltage electrical equipment.
After April 1, 2019, radio electronic products distributed to the Ukrainian market are subject to mandatory compliance with the Technical Regulations for Radio Equipment.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.