Electrical and telecom products must meet Serbian National Technical Requirements to get access to the national market of Serbia.
Electrical products without the RF function must go through the conformity procedure to show the compliance with safety and/or EMC requirements.
The conformity procedure is based on the Rulebook for the Electrical Equipment Intended for Use Within Certain Voltage Limits and on the Rulebook of Electromagnetic Compatibility.
The Rulebook for the Electrical Equipment Intended for the Use Within Certain Voltage Limits and Electromagnetic Compatibility is aligned with all the principles and essential requirements of Directive 2014/35/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 12 December 2006, "On electrical equipment intended for use within certain voltage limits". The Rulebook is accompanied by the List of Serbian Standards in the field of electrical equipment intended for the use within certain voltage limits. This list is updated regularly in accordance with the list of harmonized standards published in the Official Journal of the EU.
Electrical equipment designed for the use with a voltage rating of 50–1,000V for alternating current and 75–1,500V for direct current is in the scope of this Rulebook and requires conformity with the safety requirements.
The following equipment is out of the scope of the Rulebook:
Electrical equipment for the use in the explosive atmosphere
Electrical equipment for radiology and medical purposes
Electrical parts for goods and passenger lifts
Plugs and socket outlets for domestic use
Electric fence controllers
Specialised electrical equipment, for the use on ships, aircraft or railways, which complies with the safety provisions drawn up by the relevant international organizations.
The Rulebook of Electromagnetic Compatibility complies with all the principles and essential requirements of Directive 2004/108/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of December 15, 2004 related to the electromagnetic compatibility.
The Rulebook is accompanied by the List of Serbian Standards in the field of electromagnetic compatibility which is regularly updated in accordance with the list of harmonized standards published in the Official Journal of the EU.
This Rulebook shall apply to equipment liable to generate electromagnetic disturbance and/or the performance of which is liable to be affected by such disturbance.
This Rulebook is not applicable to:
• radio and telecommunications terminal equipment regulated by a specific legislation
• aeronautical products, parts, and appliances regulated by a specific legislation in the field of civil aviation
• radio equipment used by radio amateurs, unless the equipment is made available on the market. Kits of components to be assembled by radio amateurs and commercial equipment modified by and for the use of radio amateurs shall not be regarded as radio equipment.
• equipment the inherent nature of the physical characteristics of which is such that:
a) it is incapable of generating or contributing to electromagnetic emissions which exceed a level allowing radio and telecommunication equipment and other equipment to operate as intended
b) it operates without unacceptable degradation in the presence of the electromagnetic disturbance normally consequent upon its intended use
• custom built evaluation kits destined for professionals to be used solely at research and development facilities for such purposes
Before placing Electrical products without RF modules on the market, a manufacturer, a representative or an importer shall complete the conformity procedure.
Radio equipment and telecommunication terminal equipment must fulfill the requirement of the Rulebook on R&TT equipment.
This Rulebook applies to:
This Rulebook does not apply to the following:
R&TT equipment used by radio amateurs, unless such equipment is available for commercial purposes
R&TT equipment intended for maritime and air-traffic management radio communications, which is managed by special regulations
radio and television receivers exclusively intended for reception of radio and television programs
R&TT equipment used for activities of government bodies in charge of defense, internal affairs, and by the Security Information Agency
R&TT equipment must meet the following essential requirements:
1. health and safety protection of people and other users including the essential safety requirements pursuant to the special regulation regarding the field of electrical equipment intended for the use within specified voltage limit, but without application of a voltage limit from the regulation
2. protection requirements with respect to electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) contained in the special regulation
3. radio equipment must be constructed and manufactured that it effectively uses the spectrum allocated to terrestrial/space radio communication and orbital resources so as to avoid harmful interference.
For certain classes and sub-classes of R&TT equipment, as well as for the apparatus of particular types, additional requirements can be prescribed in some exceptional cases that specifically pertain to the following:
1. interworks via networks with other apparatus and can be connected to interfaces of the appropriate type
2. protects electronic communication networks from potential misuses, obstruction of functioning, i.e. considerable degrading of the quality of service
3. incorporates safeguards to ensure that the personal data and privacy of the subscribers and of the users are protected
4. helps to avoid misuses and fraud
5. ensures access to emergency services
6. facilitates its use by users with disabilities
Prior to placing the R&TT equipment on the market, a manufacturer, its representative or an importer of the R&TT equipment (if a manufacturer or its representative have not been registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia) shall obtain Certificate of Conformity or the Excerpt from the Register of the Issued Certificates of Conformity.
The product that conforms with the requirements of the above-mentioned Rulebooks shall be marked with the conformity marking prior to access the market.
Electrical products without the RF function shall pass the conformity procedure to show the compliance with safety and/or EMC requirements
Electrical products without the RF function must meet the requirements of the Rulebook on the Electrical Equipment Intended for the Use Within Certain Voltage Limits and on the Rulebook of Electromagnetic Compatibility to get access to the market of Serbia
Conformity procedure proves the compliance of the electrical product to the essential requirements
A manufacturer or its representative that have not been registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia as well as an importer can apply for the certificate of conformity for the electrical products without RF modules
Radio Equipment and Telecommunication Terminal Equipment must fulfill the requirement of the Rulebook on R&TT equipment.
Certificate of Conformity or the Excerpt from the Register of the Issued Certificates of Conformity are the documents that prove the compliance of an RTTE product.
Applicant for RTTE approval can be a manufacturer, its representative or an importer of the R&TT equipment in case the manufacturer or its representative have not been registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia
The product that conforms with the requirements of the above-mentioned Rulebooks shall be marked with the Serbian conformity mark before it is placed on the market.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.