Starting from March 1st, 2018 the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations "On Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Radioelectronic Products" (EAEU TR 037/2016) will come into force.
List of products subject to the EAEU TR 037/2016:
1. Electrical apparatus and appliances for domestic use.
2. Electronic computers and devices connected to them, including their combinations.
3. Means of telecommunication (terminal telecommunication devices).
4. Copiers and other electrical office (office) equipment.
5. Electronic tools (manual and portable electric machines).
6. Sources of light and light equipment, including equipment, built into furniture.
7. Eelectromusical tools.
8. Game and trading automatic machines.
9. Cash registers, ticket printing machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks.
10. Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and / or DC, except for fiber optic cables.
11. Automatic switches and residual current devices.
12. Fire, security and fire-security detectors.
The general requirements for products regulated by the scope of the EAEU TR 037/2016 specify the content of hazardous substances in electrical and radioelectronic products with permissible concentration in homogeneous (homogeneous) materials used in the construction of these products.
Labeling and operational documents requirements
The name of the product (type, brand, model (if any)), its main parameters and characteristics, name and (or) trademark of the manufacturer, the name of the state in which the product is manufactured, should be printed on the product and indicated in the operating documents attached to it.
The name of the product (type, brand, model (if any)), the name and (or) the manufacturer's trademark must also be affixed to the packaging.
Operational documents are prepared on paper. They may be accompanied by a set of operational documents in electronic form. Operational documents included in the complete set of electrical and non-electrical products for household purposes can be issued in electronic form only.
Marking information and operating manuals must be made in Russian and in an official language(s) of the member(s) state(s) of the EAEU, if this is required by the laws of the member(s) state(s) of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The conformity of products with the requirements of the EAEU TR 037/2016 is ensured by meeting the limits of use of hazardous substances in them.
Conformity assessment of products
Confirmation assessment procedure according to scheme 1d is carried out by the applicant on the basis of his own evidence. Tests of electrical products can be carried out in the manufacturer's testing laboratory.
Declaration of conformity must be accepted by the manufacturer (it's local representative in the EAEU) and national conformity mark (EAC mark) should be applied.
In case when the electrical products have not confirmed the requirements of this Technical Regulation EAEU TR 037/2016, as well as the requirements of other Technical Regulations of the EAEU (EAEU TR 004/2011, EAEU TR 020/2011, etc.), it should not be marked by the conformity mark (EAC mark) for product circulation in the EAEU.
Form of conformity assessment is the Declaration of Conformity (EAEU RoHS DoC).
Applicable conformity mark - “EAC” mark:
The transition period for the EAEU TR 037/2016 is from March 1st, 2018 to March 1st, 2020. During the transition period the electrical and radioelectronic products can be put on the EAEU market without mandatory confirmation of compliance with the EAEU TR 037/2016. At the same time, the EAEU RoHS DoC can be accepted by the manufacturer’s local representative on a voluntary basis starting from March 1st, 2018.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.