Starting from March 1st, 2018 the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulation "On the Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Radioelectronic Products" (EAEU TR 037/2016) will come in force.
List of products subject to the EAEU TR 037/2016:
1. Electrical apparatus and appliances for domestic use.
2. Electronic computers and devices connected to them, including their combinations.
3. Means of telecommunication (terminal telecommunication devices).
4. Copiers and other electrical office (office) equipment.
5. Electronic tools (manual and portable electric machines).
6. Sources of light and light equipment, including equipment, built into furniture.
7. Eelectromusical tools.
8. Game and trading automatic machines.
9. Cash registers, ticket printing machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks.
10. Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and / or DC, except for fiber optic cables.
11. Automatic switches and residual current devices.
12. Fire, security and fire-security detectors.
The general requirements for products regulated by the scope of the EAEU TR 037/2016 are defined in the content of hazardous substances in products of electrical engineering and radio electronics with exceeding the permissible concentration in homogeneous (homogeneous) materials used in the construction of products of electrical engineering and radio electronics, such as:
Form of conformity assessment is the Declaration of Conformity (EAEU RoHS DoC).
Applicable conformity mark - the EAC mark:
The transition period for the EAEU TR 037/2016 is from March 1st, 2018 to March 1st, 2020. During the transition period the electrical and radio electronic products can be put on the EAEU market without mandatory confirmation of compliance with the EAEU TR 037/2016. At the same time, the EAEU RoHS DoC can be accepted by the manufacturer’s local representative on a voluntary basis starting from March 1st, 2018.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.