Amendments to the EAEU TR 017/2011 "On the Safety of Light Industry Products" (Softlines)
Decision № 60 dated 09.08.2016 of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission has come in force from the 28th of September 2017.
There are some main changes that need to be enlightened.
1. The form of compliance confirmation has been changed from Certification to Declaration for the following types of products:
- Table and kitchen linen, handkerchiefs;
- Bath sheets;
- Shawl and scarf products.
Certification procedure remains for the following types of products:
- Bathing products;
- Bed sheets;
- Hosiery of the 1st layer.
2. It has become possible for the lab tests to use not only the samples of products, but also the samples of materials from which these products are made, which is an important issue for serially manufactured products.
3. Validity period of the DoC/CoC for the batch of products is not established anymore. Earlier that term was limited.
4. One important feature remains unchanged: Declaration procedure can be still replaced by the Certification procedure at the request of the applicant.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.