In accordance with the §2 of the "GENERAL TECHNICAL REGULATION ON THE SAFETY OF TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT"
Marking of telecommunication equipment
1. The telecommunication equipment shall be provided with a legible, easily readable and user-accessible marking that is maintained throughout the life of the equipment.
2. The marking that is affixed to telecommunications equipment shall contain the following information for the consumer:
- name of equipment, type, model, modification, trade name, serial number;
- name, trademark or trademark of the manufacturer;
- name of the country of origin;
- a sign of conformity;
- operating voltage or voltage range;
- a conventional designation of the type of current, if the nominal frequency is not specified;
- the degree of protection against the ingress of solid particles and moisture provided by the containment;
- symbols of safety and disposal methods for chemical sources of current;
- information on the nominal consumed or useful power, or the rated current;
- mass of equipment.
3. The package marking shall contain information on the name of the manufacturer and (or) its trademark, name and designation of telecommunications equipment (type, model, modification, trade name), date of manufacture, conformity mark.
4. If the information in paragraph 2 cannot be applied to telecommunications equipment, they are indicated in the operating documents and on the packaging.
5. Heating parts of telecommunication equipment with exceeding the temperature limits are marked with a symbol in accordance with the picture below:
6. The marking of telecommunications equipment should also contain information on classes of protection against electric protection (I, II, III).
7. When placing a replaceable battery in an area accessible to a person, a warning sign should be placed next to it, or a warning should be written in the operating and maintenance instructions.
When placing a replaceable battery anywhere in the equipment, the inscription should be placed next to the replacement battery or an appropriate warning must be written in the operating instructions.
The marking shall contain the following or similar text, as shown in the following example:
IMMEDIATE INSTALLATION, EXPLOSION IS POSSIBLE.
REPLACE AND USE BATTERY
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INSTRUCTION.
If the telecommunication equipment is manufactured in explosion-proof design, then the corresponding Ex marking must also be applied to the products.
Information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team.