The new Circular 10/2020/TT-BTTTT was issued by the MIC on May 7, 2020. The document makes changes in the certification system in Vietnam. The Circular amends and updates some provisions of the Circular No 30/2011/TT-BTTTT (together with Circular 15/2018/TT-BTTTT) on the Type Approval and Declaration of Conformity for R&TT products.
The main changes are the following:
- New method of type approval is added and allows to certify a batch of products (method 7);
- The method of certification must be indicated now in the certificate of conformity. Thus, the certificate will show the scope of the regulation and the method of supervision to ensure the quality of products and goods after the certification;
- For imported products and goods, organizations or individuals, who declare/make a dossier of registration for quality inspection of imported goods, must provide the complete dossier for the product within 15 working days from the date of customs clearance. For products and goods exempted from the declaration of conformity, organizations and individuals should send documents to the Telecommunications Department to check the quality of imported goods before their registration;
- Foreign manufacturers can sign a self-assessment declaration of conformity required for the "Product Quality Inspection Registration" (PQIR) process that is a part of the customs clearance. The DoC must be based on the test reports where this manufacturer is indicated as a holder;
- MIC allows the issuing of the certificates under manufacturer name. However, if importers want to use the certificates under manufacturer name, they have to ask the manufacturer to submit the importers list and corresponding models to the telecommunication authority;
- All certificates that were issued before July 1, 2020 will remain valid until the expiration date.
This Circular 10/2020/TT-BTTTT will become valid from July 1, 2020.
The full test of the Circular you can find here.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team. GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side. Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.