The National Communications Commission (NCC) of Taiwan recently published a range of technical specifications for the telecommunications terminal equipment established in July 2020. These specifications were issued in execution of the Telecommunications Management Act. According to this Act, all telecommunications terminal equipment that connects to the Public switched telecommunications network that are intended for the use or import in Taiwan should meet the compliance of the relevant technical specification and be assessed appropriately before putting on the Taiwan market.
The technical specifications are aimed to check:
There were eight technical specifications published in September that apply to the following equipment:
1. IP0001 Technical Specifications for the Terminal Equipment for Fixed Communications Multimedia Content Transmission Platforms
It concerns devices that are equipped with an IP interface of Ethernet port and receive and demodulate signals transmitted from the head end of a multimedia content transmission platform and are part of terminal equipment that allows subscribers of the multimedia content transmission platform to receive information.
2. PSTN01 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment for Public Switched Telephone Network
It concerns telecommunications terminal equipment connected to a public switched telephone network and a series or bridging equipment used for the telecommunications terminal equipment.
3. ONTE01 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment for Fiber-Optics Network
It concerns telecommunications terminal equipment for fiber-optics network and contains test methods.
4. IS6100 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment for ISDN Subscriber
It concerns the following types of telecommunications terminal equipment for ISDN subscribers:
5. ID0002 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment for DS1 Telecommunication
It concerns digital signal 1 telecommunications terminal equipment and contains tests methods and acceptance criteria for using by general manufacturers, importers, vendors and private users.
6. VDSL01 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment and POTS Splitters for Very-high-speed Digital Subscriber Lines
It concerns to Transceiver Units - remote terminal (VTU-R) and POTS splitters and is based on the relevant ITU-T recommendations.
7. ADSL01 Technical Specifications for the Telecommunications Terminal Equipment and POTS Splitters for Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Lines
It concerns ATU-R and POTS splitters and is based on the relevant ITU-T recommendations.
8. Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) Technical Specifications
It concerns the PLB with a master signal frequency of 406 MHz and auxiliary signal frequency of 121.5MHz.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team. GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.