The Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology reminds that the following audio/video and IT/office equipment products are subject to Low Voltage Equipment (LVE) Regulations:
1. Non-professional stand-alone audio products:
2. Non-professional stand-alone video playing and recording systems:
3. Videoke/Karaoke multimedia systems
4. TV decoders and set-top boxes
5. Consumer series desktops and laptop computers, all-in-one PCs
6. Tablets and palm pilots
7. Desktop/computer monitors
8. Printers/scanners (i.e. inkjet, laser, etc.) – includes office printers, multi-function printers (MFP), label printers, portable or stand-alone
9. Non-professional routers, repeaters
11. Touch drawing pads
12. Landline phones (corded/cordless)
13. External hard drives supplied with an external power supply (i.e. NAS – Network-attached storage, etc.)
This equipment should meet the requirements of IEC 62368-1:2014 (2nd Edition) or IEC 62368-1:2018 (3d Edition) starting from December 20, 2020 and should also have valid ECAS/EQM certificates of conformity against IEC 62368-1 2nd or 3d Edition requirements.
Please note that if an LVE product is intended for the use by end-users for daily and non-commercial or non-professional aims and has ECAS/EQM certificates of conformity against the IEC 60065 and/or IEC 60950-1 requirement, these certificates become invalid starting from December 20, 2020.
The next step that should be realized by December 20, 2021 is the transition from IEC 62368:2014 to IEC 62368:2018. We recommend you to apply for ECAS/EQM certificates of conformity against IEC 62368-1:2018 requirements.
The information has been prepared by the GMA Consult Group team. GMA Consult Group provides a full cycle of international type approval and global market access services for IT, Telecom, and industrial electrical products in all countries throughout the world. With proven expertise in worldwide regulations, compliance, certification, and conformity assessment, GMA Consult Group can help your company speed up the access to any market with almost zero efforts from your side.
Need your own guide to the world of certification and approvals? Don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.